Friday, March 21, 2008

Odds And Ends

Today, I am not funny. I've been sitting here for a long time trying to cleverly craft phrases into hilarious, practical and clever descriptions of mundane daily events. So far . . . nothing. But, I do have some cool pictures to show . . .

Here are some ocean pictures from a rainy day two days ago:

Lobster boats in Seabrook.




And the wetlands in Hampton:


Some elements of old boilers that I saw today:



These old boilers photograph much better than they run. They're as old as the hills and they heat a family-run greenhouse.

The father own the business and is a guff old man who likes to tell me stories about how he jokingly tries to convert lesbians back to the straight side, a longer version of the "you just haven't met the right man" theory.

The son is a frog-like man who lives so obviously in his father's shadow that he went out of his way to display his prowess to me by introducing his very beautiful, much younger wife.

They both stare blankly at me when I make recommendations for the improving the chemical treatment to protect their boilers. Their bravado is overshadowed only by their insecurity. The flowers always make it smell good there though.

2 comments:

tessica1 said...

Your sensitivity and insight... are ALSO a great treat to my senses. Love you much! N

Daisy said...

Come on!! I need another post!